The tax manager works collaboratively with peers and partners to contribute to the overall achievement of our tax department objectives and is a positive role model who upholds and demonstrates the firm values, including providing a work environment that promotes respect and teamwork. This position serves as a leader and technical resource specializing in tax compliance and strategy experience, ensuring quality service and operational effectiveness.
- Offer focused direction and management of multiple tax engagements in a timely manner to meet reporting, scheduling, and budgetary requirements.
- Assume full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegate work to tax team members as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills and provide high quality consultative service to clients that meets and/or exceeds client expectations.
- Mentors and manages assigned staff, assisting them with goal setting, developing their technical and client service skills, providing informal and formal feedback, and enforcing accountability mechanisms.
- Act as a formal form mentor to lower level staff, providing timely performance management and career development feedback.
- Continue to develop relationships with clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities.
- Actively engage professional network in support of building the firm’s client base and new opportunities.
- Meets and ensures rising standards of quality control.
- Is involved in practice matters such as recruitment, staff learning, development, scheduling and retention initiatives.
- Possess technical expertise and proficiency with business software tools such as Prosystems, Lacerte and GoFileRoom
- Develops and leads in-house training sessions and ensures professional development through on-going educational resources and CPE.
Required Education and Skills
- Minimum of (5) five years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- Experience in estates and trusts, pass-through entities and corporate tax compliance
- Experience in tax planning strategies for businesses and high net worth individuals
- Experience with multi-state and consolidated tax returns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership, project management and team building skills; experience in leading engagement teams
- Outstanding marketing, presentation and sales acumen
- Highly organized, responsive and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ProSystems, Lacerte and GoFileRoom
- Highly driven and motivated; able to apply independent decision-making solutions
- Demonstrated leadership experience, and strong analytical abilities