The audit manager works collaboratively to contribute to the overall achievement of our audit department objectives. This role serves as the primary contact for clients and is a leader and technical resource specializing in the specific needs and requirements of auditing and financial reporting of governmental agencies including Single Audits of federal grants. The expectations of this professional are to exhibit strong leadership by being a positive role model and mentor while maintaining a productive work environment. The audit manager upholds and demonstrates our firm values, including providing a work environment that promotes respect and teamwork.
- Offer focused direction and management of multiple audit engagements in a timely manner to meet reporting, scheduling, and budgetary requirements.
- Provide high quality consultative service to clients that meets and/or exceeds client expectations.
- Anticipate and address client and staff concerns as they arise.
- Meet and ensure rising standards of quality control.
- Assist the firm in their efforts to improve profitability and growth.
- Possess technical expertise and proficiency with business software tools such as ProSystems.
- Leverage firm technology to maximize team productivity and efficiency.
- Provide leadership, supervision and mentorship to staff and interns.
- Guide staff to achieve their fullest potential through coaching, training and timely feedback.
- Supervise and train team members on engagements; completing timely and constructive feedback via our performance management process.
- Actively involved with recruitment, staff learning, scheduling and retention.
Required Education and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of related audit public accounting experience with local government agencies including cities, successor agencies / redevelopment agencies, special districts and Single Audits of federal grants
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- Knowledge of GASB standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management abilities and multi-tasking skills
- Effective leadership, project management and team building skills; experience in leading engagement teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience, and strong analytical abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ProSystems