The audit senior will be responsible for analyzing audit procedures and more complex engagements / accounting issues (e.g. consolidations, process cost accounting). The audit senior has responsibility for the successful and timely completion of fieldwork and performs basic planning activities, bringing jobs to conclusion effectively and in a timely manner with little support. In many instances, this role assumes full responsibility (under supervision) for smaller and/or less complicated engagements and accurately analyzes financial statements.
- Provide high quality consultative service to clients that meets and/or exceeds client expectations, including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables.
- Address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise.
- Communicate engagement status with manager, partner and/or with the engagement lead in a timely and on-going basis and take responsibility of due dates and turnaround times.
- Delegate work to appropriate staff while maintaining ownership and responsibility.
- Supervise and train audit associates and interns on engagements, providing timely and constructive feedback.
- Complete or contribute to staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and communicate engagement issues that cause inefficiencies or risks to engagement quality.
- Take an active part in preparing and leading CPE events and participate in firm recruiting events as requested.
- Attend professional development and continuing professional education training as scheduled.
Required Education and Skills
- Proven experience as an auditor (minimum 2 years of public accounting experience)
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum accounting units as required for eligibility to obtain CPA license
- CPA license or actively pursuing CPA license
- Good understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate auditing and accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal and client engagement skills and abilities
- Must be able to problem-solve, prioritize and manage engagements under tight deadlines
- Dependability and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, project management, mentoring and team building skills
- Self-motivated, driven, flexible and dedicated attitude
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with ProSystems a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel