The audit manager works collaboratively with partners and peers to contribute to the overall achievement of our audit department objectives. This role serves as the primary contact for clients and is a leader and technical resource specializing in the specific needs and requirements of auditing and financial reporting of governmental agencies including Single Audits of federal grants.
- Offer focused direction and management of multiple audit engagements in a timely manner to meet reporting, scheduling, and budgetary requirements.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal controls deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients.
- Anticipate and address client and staff concerns as they arise.
- Engage client in discussions about strategic and operational effectiveness of their organization.
- Evaluate and assess all findings of the audit to ensure conclusions and disclosures are accurate.
- Actively engage professional network in support of building the firm’s client base and new opportunities.
- Provide leadership, supervision and mentorship to staff and interns.
- Act as a formal firm mentor to lower level staff, providing timely performance management and career development feedback.
- Possess technical expertise and proficiency with business software tools such as ProSystems.
- Supervise and train team members on engagements; completing timely and constructive feedback via our performance management process
- Actively involved with recruitment, staff learning, scheduling and retention.
Required Education and Skills
- Proven work experience as a software security engineer
- Minimum of 5 years of related audit public accounting experience with local government agencies including cities, successor agencies / redevelopment agencies, special districts and Single Audits of federal grants
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- Knowledge of GASB standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management abilities and multi-tasking skills
- Effective leadership, project management and team building skills; experience in leading engagement teams
- Outstanding marketing, presentation and sales acumen
- Demonstrated leadership experience, and strong analytical abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ProSystems