White Nelson Diehl Evans is pleased to join with Wells Fargo Insurance Services to sponsor a private briefing on compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for business owners, key management and leadership on Wednesday, January 30, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. at Andrei’s Restaurant, 2607 Main Street, Irvine.
The Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010. However, many private and governmental entities have not addressed the compliance requirements awaiting resolution of various legal and political challenges.
The wait is over! The time for mandatory compliance has arrived! In June, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the mandate requiring all U.S. citizens to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty tax. On November 6, President Barack Obama was re-elected, and the Democrats retained control of the Senate. All realistic challenges to the ACA have now been exhausted.
In response to these developments, White Nelson Diehl Evans (WNDE) and Wells Fargo Insurance Services will present a complimentary two-hour private briefing on the economic, regulatory and administrative impact of the ACA. The program will be presented by Bill Morgan, a principal in WNDE’s Irvine office and Daniel Kopti, an attorney with Wells Fargo Insurance Services who specializes in ACA compliance matters.
Critical compliance questions to be addressed include:
• What provisions of the law are currently effective?
• What provisions go into effect in 2013 & 2014?
• How will employees be affected by the “universal health care mandate”?
• How and when will employers begin using the California “Insurance Exchange”?
• How can employers avoid the $2,000 per employee “Play or Pay” penalty?
• How can employers avoid ACA penalties and lower health care costs by converting employees from full-time to part-time status?
• How should employers compute and tax health insurance rebates to employees?
• What information must be included in the new “Summary of Benefits and Coverage” (SBC)?
• Which employers will be subject to the 40% excise tax on “Cadillac Plans”?
• What health insurance information must be reported on Form W-2 for 2012?
• How will the new Medicare tax rules affect the processing of payrolls?
• What additional taxes and fees will ACA impose on employers and their group health plans in 2013 and 2014?
There is no cost to attend; a continental breakfast will be served. Registration required; please contact Luiza Kuehn, (714) 978-1300, ext. 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org. View event flyer here.