Our office in Orange County provides service to the Los Angeles area...See Locations Details
Free Seminar: Employee Fraud: How to Detect and Prevent It!
White Nelson Diehl Evans will offer a free seminar for members of the Orange County business community, Employee Fraud: How to Detect and Prevent It!, on Wednesday, September 26, at Andrei’s Restaurant, 2607 Main Street, Irvine. Registration begins at 8 a.m., the seminar will be held 8:30-10:30 a.m. A complimentary continental breakfast will be served. It is free to attend, but registration is required.
According to estimates, United States employers lose $700 billion a year to occupational fraud, much of which goes undetected by employers. This seminar will answer the following key questions:
• How pervasive is the scourge of fraud in our society?
• Why do employees commit fraud?
• What should you do if you suspect one of your employees of fraud?
• What methods are commonly used to detect fraud?
• How much evidence is needed to prove civil fraud vs. criminal fraud?
• When should outside private investigators and law enforcement be brought in?
• When should computer forensics and electronic discovery be used?
• How can stolen assets be discovered and recovered?
• What basic internal control procedures should be in place to help prevent fraud?
• How can fraud â€œhotlinesâ€ be used discover fraud?
• What are the basic elements of a â€œFraud Prevention Programâ€?
The program will be presented by two CPAs from WNDE’s Irvine office, Bill Morgan and Lacy Ertel. Bill Morgan has over 20 years of experience conducting criminal and civil fraud investigations for California employers. He has worked extensively with California law enforcement agencies, including the Los Angeles, Orange County and Santa Barbara District Attorneys’ offices and various police and sheriff departments throughout the state. Lacy Ertel is an audit manager, and has earned accreditation as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). She has extensive experience in the analysis of electronic computer databases.
This seminar will qualify for two hours of continuing education credit (CPE) with the California State Board of Accountancy.
Registration required. To register, please contact Luiza Kuehn at (714) 978-1300, ext. 212 or email@example.com.